Thursday, August 27, 2009

Poll Results and Things to Come


I've been running a poll for the past couple of weeks asking you guy's what topics you'd like to see written about. The choices were...Gig Etiquette, Practice Tips, Dealing With Life on the Road, or Stories of Real Life Experiences and what I've learned.

I wanna go ahead and say a HUGE "Thank You" to everyone that took the time to vote...that's the only reason this site works and is interesting, because of your interest and interaction...so again, thanks!

And the winner is (If you haven't seen the poll results already...)...Practice Tips! It seems alot of you guys have some questions regarding practicing, how to practice, making your practice time more efficient, etc. So in the next little while I'll be writing on said topic.

In close second place was some of my real life experiences (I've got a TON of them! I've played in all kinds of strange situations and scenarios and I've learned something from all of them.) I'll be working on posts about those stories as well.

If you have anything specific about practicing you'd like to ask and get a response on, please don't hesitate to contact me here, by email, on Twitter, or on Facebook.

And as an added teaser...we'll be having some killer guest posts. The first will be from the deep south...Darrian Douglas is an in demand jazzer in the South Mississippi/New Orleans area, playing with jazz legends such as Ellis Marsalis, Jason Marsalis, Marlon Jordan, Delfayo Marsalis, Neal Cane, Will Thompson...the list could go on but you get the point. Be checking back, you don't want to miss what he's got to say!

0 comments:

Post a Comment