Monday, January 31, 2011

A Drum Cover...

I'm always amazed at the people that watch my video lessons on You Tube...on Friday, before 8 in the morning, I had already emailed and responded to questions and comments from the Czech Republic, Croatia, Finland, Scotland, and the U.S.A....seriously, never in my life did I think I would be talking with drummers around the globe like that! Such a cool thing.

I had someone that watches my lessons message me last night and let me know about the drum cover he had just put up. Now yes, there are TONS of drum covers on the ol You Tube...but here's the deal...If you're a young drummer, you used to have to find somewhere public to play in your town (church, local bar or club, festival, etc). Now, with the internet, you can immediately start playing in front of people...which is what EVERY new drummer needs to do! It's the absolute BEST thing for your playing. So in case some of you are wondering why I would post a drum cover on this blog, that's why. Because these younger drummers need the opportunity to have their playing seen and talked about...I mean, come on, how much better as a player did you get between your very first gig and your second one...and third...and so on. It's alot of work everytime you take the time to learn a new song well enough to video yourself playing to it. Just like it was a ton of work to learn songs for your first gig...but after years of practice and stage time, I can listen to most songs on the way to the gig and learn 90% of what I need to know to play it.

So, let me know when you post one of your gigs, or you put a drum cover up, or you discover something cool and make a video explaining it...because I want people to see it. It makes you a better player, and that's why I'm here...to help drummers become the best musicians they can be. I'll be posting more of these in the future, because more and more of you are letting me know when you put one up.

Here's the one I got in today...it's from You Tube user Hoyenwey...check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment