Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Studio in Limbo...































So I've been working my tail off to get this thing going...Lots of drywall holes to patch, old taped seams to re-tape, caulking, cleaning...and as you can see in the photos above, framing, insulating, and drywalling where the garage door is. I decided to leave the actual garage door on the outside of the house (inside looks like a finished room, outside looks like there's a garage.) The reason is simple really...I'm trying to get into this thing quickly...I don't have the cashflow this month to buildout the studio, buy all of the equipment, AND replace all of the siding on the outside of the house...I know, in a perfect world...

...So I'm building a wall on the inside to close off the room. The pictures above are the initial garage door (That's my father in law Jimmy....a great big thanks for all of his help in the framing), garage door with framing, and then one with insulation in place. We floated the drywall last night and the mudding will begin tomorrow.

This whole remodel is really only taking a couple of hundred dollars in materials...it's just requiring a BUTTLOAD of work from yours truly...but that's ok, my masterplan is almost in force.

So why am I posting about this?

Simple...there are lots of folks out there that think a studio is way out of their range, could never happen. Well, actually, it can...you can get affordable pro quality gear and finishing a room for recording doesn't have to break the bank. Once you get in and start using it, you'll invariably find things that you need to improve on in the room, but simply getting started is somewhat low cost.

So I'm posting this to encourage you. I've been working towards this for almost two years now....frickin' cool...

2 comments:

Steve Boaz said...

Great encouragement! Keep us updated on tips and tricks you might find along the way! Cheers ~steve

Audiyo said...

Thanks Steve...I'll post it as I stumble through it...

Post a Comment